News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fiag Lodge

Started by superscot, October 07, 2014, 06:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubberwellie

Looks like an IKEA showroom.  Not for me!
Let them go.

superscot

From one extreme to another !!!!! Must be in the wrong job !  :lol: :lol: :lol:

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

Forget Scotland, it's second rate at best and far too expensive.  For a mere 3.5K you  can have 4 weeks in New Zealand all in,  best trout fishing in the world and not be in Scotland in the depths of winter.  :8)

Its Me

Quote from: guest on October 08, 2014, 10:43:55 PM
Personally I prefer decent fishing first and five star accommodation second.

This place has endless fishing opportunities and is clean, spacious and won't break the bank at £16 night

[attachimg=1]

where  is this for £16 per per night

loch coulter

Quote from: Fishtales on October 08, 2014, 09:38:19 PM
http://www.georgegoldsmith.com/properties/kinlochmoidart-house

Never stayed in it, only parked in the grounds, but the people who own it are very nice and the husband is very knowledgeable and helpful as far as the fishing goes. George and I have been in the kitchen though and had tea/coffee, fresh baked rolls and venison, scones and chocolate biscuits while we chatted to himself and the housekeeper :)
you seem like the kind of guy who would get a piece at anybodys door :P

loch coulter

Quote from: admin on October 10, 2014, 06:45:56 PM
Forget Scotland, it's second rate at best and far too expensive.  For a mere 3.5K you  can have 4 weeks in New Zealand all in,  best trout fishing in the world and not be in Scotland in the depths of winter.  :8)
Scotland second rate? dont think so! :?

Wildfisher

Quote from: loch coulter on October 10, 2014, 10:32:55 PM
Scotland second rate? dont think so! :?

I thought that too until I discovered what first rate really was.

Part-time

Quote from: admin on October 10, 2014, 06:45:56 PM

Have to disagree with that a wee bit Fred :) Scottish fishing may not be considered great by international standards but I don't think it needs to be viewed so negatively. If technically challenging sight fishing for large but relatively scarce trout is your thing then Scottish/British trout fishing may well seem second rate. That's however a pretty subjective judgement from a fairly narrow viewpoint and not a matter of fact for me and I'd guess many others. Many of the things I enjoy in life may be judged second rate by the standards of other people and places but so long as I'm content/happy that's the main thing; I have the choice to improve and explore as far as my enjoyment, inclination, abilities and means allow.

If one day I'm fortunate enough to experience the superb fishing in New Zealand or elsewhere I really hope it doesn't cause me to start thinking of Scottish/British fishing as second rate.

When it comes to Scottish trout fishing, to quote the Mrs Doyle character from Father Ted – ''Maybe I like the misery'' :lol:

Wildfisher

I'm not knocking it John, just looking at  it realistically through non tartan tinted sunglasses   :lol:    It is second rate by international standards. It is fine for workaday angling, there is loads of it and I'm very gad to have it,  but  if  you are  thinking about spending the sums mentioned earlier in this thread you will get far better value going abroad and getting something special and memorable for your money. 

Bobfly

I do not go ski-ing, but it is sort of similar. Scottish ski-ing is crap by international standards - but you get a blue-sky day over the back of Cairngorm on the plateau and wow that is a great day out. Same applies to ice climbing here. Crap by European standards but a good day on the Ben every winter and it lives in your head for ever. Tent by a loch, trout in the pan .... lovely.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page