News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Junk On Ebay

Started by Wildfisher, March 04, 2006, 09:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

It never ceases to amaze me what some folk bid for tackle  on ebay. Reels that were OK in the 60’s but by today’s standards are junk,  like for example a Condex  that you need a socket set and a trolley jack  for if you want to swap  the  spools,   going for a kings ransom. Why?  Nostalgia of stupidity? Or are these things now collectors items and a good investment?   I am definitely going to have to flog some of my old junk tackle one of these days, perhaps I will buy a new car with the proceeds.  Hell I just wish I had not thrown out that genuine rusty 1965 “Loch Leven Eyed Fly Box”, my 8 foot “The Courier”  solid glass multi-purpose rod – tastefully finished in black with a red handle and the nemesis of many a bandy,  or indeed that brittle spool of Platil 6lb BS I bought from Tam Clark in 1967. Wonder If I still have these old  rubber waders with the leaky leather soles?

johnsd

Fred you are so right it amazes me how even some of the new stuff even sells above shop prices in fact when new rods hit the shops people must buy up the old ones and quote mrp even the ?sorry camera past its best ? line explanes how this great item does show very well. wouldn?t find any one on this site being so gullible  :oops:  :oops:
yer going where

stephen_oconnor

Uncleboo Try this link if its surplus army you are looking for, was advertised in the daily record the other day and looks quite good

http://www.clearwater2.co.uk/

Go To Front Page