News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Heads up on a good deal for a Bergen for life.

Started by SoldierPmr, August 14, 2015, 06:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quote from: SoldierPmr on August 14, 2015, 05:52:26 PM
wasn't it 160 bpm?

No soldier I know would have managed on a mere 160 beers per month.  :D

corsican dave

probably around 160 beers per minute for the battalion, Fred  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Tyro

Quote from: corsican dave on August 14, 2015, 10:35:14 PM
probably around 160 beers per minute for the battalion, Fred  :8)

When doing the jump scenes for 'A Bridge Too Far' Attenborough kept 'C' company of which I was a very lowly member in beer for a fortnight. He could not believe how much beer we could get through and still be on parade the next morning for filming. And yes we sometimes kept beer in our Bergens"

Len  :D

SoldierPmr

Quote from: Tyro on August 15, 2015, 12:25:51 PM
When doing the jump scenes for 'A Bridge Too Far' Attenborough kept 'C' company of which I was a very lowly member in beer for a fortnight. He could not believe how much beer we could get through and still be on parade the next morning for filming. And yes we sometimes kept beer in our Bergens"

Len  :D

It's a different world now it started to decline before I left in 2012 they are taking lads weekends off them if they smell alcohol on their breath on morning parade.

By the way My Vulcan came this morning the quality is far far superior to your bog standard british issue which was based on the Vulcan.

Wildfisher

Quote from: SoldierPmr on August 15, 2015, 01:53:23 PM
By the way My Vulcan came this morning the quality is far far superior to your bog standard british issue which was based on the Vulcan.
Mine is due on Tuesday. I was in the market  for a new day pack anyway and the feature of converting the side pockets into a day pack sold it to me. I sometimes carry a separate day pack when hiking into  some wild camp to use from base, now I won't have to do that. Two bags for the price of one and much reduced price into the bargain.

Thanks for the heads up - great call.  :8)

SoldierPmr

Quote from: admin on August 15, 2015, 02:03:12 PM
Mine is due on Tuesday. I was in the market  for a new day pack anyway and the feature of converting the side pockets into a day pack sold it to me. I sometimes carry a separate day pack when hiking into  some wild camp to use from base, now I won't have to do that. Two bags for the price of one and much reduced price into the bargain.

Thanks for the heads up - great call.  :8)

You will be the first person I've ever seen actually use it as a day pack but it's a good nice to have. Like your self I would carry a small day sack rolled up in the main co payment it's self and use it when needed. As the side pouched were usually full.

SoldierPmr

Here we go just about ready for next weekend with out the food and water and the fact I need to tidy the straps :lol:

[attachimg=1]

corsican dave

Quote from: SoldierPmr on August 15, 2015, 01:53:23 PM
My Vulcan came this morning the quality is far far superior to your bog standard british issue which was based on the Vulcan.
you don't get owt for nowt  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Highlander

" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

Quote from: corsican dave on August 15, 2015, 02:56:17 PM
you don't get owt for nowt 
But you can save a lot of money by logging onto The Wild FIshing Forum and being made  aware of bargains.   :8)

Wha's like us?    :lol:

Go To Front Page