News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Heads up on a good deal for a Bergen for life.

Started by SoldierPmr, August 14, 2015, 06:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

Quote from: admin on August 15, 2015, 04:05:01 PM
But you can save a lot of money by logging onto The Wild FIshing Forum and being made  aware of bargains.   :8)

Wha's like us?    :lol:
absolutely, Fred. and this is a genuine bargain; a very high quality piece of kit at a great price. you won't be disappointed and you won't be buying another pack for many years. well done to Liam for spotting this one  :D
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Quote from: corsican dave on August 15, 2015, 05:35:05 PM
you won't be buying another pack for many years
Being no spring chicken this could be my last sack.

The old 65 ltr Karrimor is still in good nick if a bit grubby and will be used for sea fishing etc. I'd expect the Vulcan will outlast me if it's as good as you guys say.

The legs and lungs, while not quite those of a 25 year old, are still strong with no sign of buckling just yet, but won't last for ever. I put it down to all the fgs I didn't smoke and all the pints I never drank. ***  :8)

*** I stole that one from the great  Bobby Lennox

haresear

Another Vulcan ordered. Should get here Tuesday.
I had considered buying one in the past, but the price put me off. At around £100 I have bitten the bullet :)

Thanks for the heads up Claretbumble :D

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Quote from: haresear on August 15, 2015, 07:23:31 PM
Another Vulcan ordered.

Now how will we identify who is who on the carousel at CHC?   :lol:

haresear

Quote from: admin on August 15, 2015, 07:29:11 PM
Now how will we identify who is who on the carousel at CHC?   :lol:

:lol:  The main reason I bought one is for NZ back country. We must do the hard yards I think - or save up for a chopper hire. No, not the bikes :)

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Quote from: haresear on August 15, 2015, 09:19:27 PM
We must do the hard yards I think - or save up for a chopper hire.

What's wrong with a gentle stroll up the Tekapo from Lake Benmore, catch 1/2 dozen 3lb+ fish on dries then back to The Birstro by  7.30PM for Monteiths Black and dual lamb shank?    :8)

corsican dave

Quote from: haresear on August 15, 2015, 07:23:31 PM
Thanks for the heads up Claretbumble :D

Alex
it's the other Liam, Alex...... :wink:

Quote from: haresear on August 15, 2015, 09:19:27 PM
:lol:  The main reason I bought one is for NZ back country. We must do the hard yards I think - or save up for a chopper hire. No, not the bikes :)

Alex
pack-rafts or an Ally folding canoe?  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

haresear

Quoteit's the other Liam, Alex...... :wink:

Oops, sorry. Thanks are redirected to SoldierPmr :)

Quotepack-rafts or an Ally folding canoe?

I don't think the baggage allowance extends that far :lol:

Quote from: admin on August 15, 2015, 10:54:30 PM
What's wrong with a gentle stroll up the Tekapo from Lake Benmore, catch 1/2 dozen 3lb+ fish on dries then back to The Birstro by  7.30PM for Monteiths Black and dual lamb shank?    :8)

All sounds good, but I'm still digesting that outsize lamb. Maybe just a single shank this time...

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

My rucksack arrived yesterday and I have now had the chance to have a real look at it.

A very well made and practical bit of kit, not light at 2.78 KG, but for a solid 100 ltr bag that's not bad. I weighed my old 65 ltr Karrimor and it is 2.08 kg (not 2.5 as I thought).

So using a direct comparison of kg per ltr of capacity the Berghaus is better.

Karrimor 65 ltr:  0.032 kg / ltr
Beghaus 100 ltr:  0.028 kg / ltr

I think this 'sack will outlast me.    :D

Robbie

Go To Front Page