News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Heads up on a good deal for a Bergen for life.

Started by SoldierPmr, August 14, 2015, 06:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

A big tent certainly means comfort and convenience. I always take my big Vango if on campsites.

Bobfly

A chap in club has done all the Munros, plus all the Corbetts, plus all the Grahams. We were having a chat on Harris a few weeks ago and I asked him what he reckoned was a good one man tent, expecting him to say a Hilleberg Akto." Straight off he said " The best one man tent you can get is a best lightweight two man tent because you will always need the room".
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

My Terra Nova  Laser Competition   is one man, but it is much roomier than most.   http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/tents-and-spares/all-tents/laser-competition-1-tent/   

Being a side entry tent the porch area is huge. It's very light in the spec well under 1 KG, but that's a con. The titanium pegs are tiny, easy to lose and  next to useless. I would NOT trust them to hold the tent in strong wind. I replaced them with solid aluminum plus I carry a few spares  which knocks the packed tent weight up to 1.3 KG. To be honest it's a backpacking tent, not a mountain tent.

SoldierPmr

I've had my eye on a Vango tempest 200 for awhile for me and the dog it looks like it would be fine and at 2 to 3kg its nowt to carry I'm sure I'll be giving it a test run this winter.

Bobfly

The time of year is coming up for checking on FleaBay for secondhand tents. I got a good Hilleberg not long ago and always worth keeping an eye open. Most folks nearly always take a bit of care with their tents because they want to keep dry, and any decent tent is one that was probably chosen with a bit of care in the first place. Good tents come along because of knackered knees and getting a young family started, and so on, and so on.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page