News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Design flaw....

Started by sagecirca, April 04, 2017, 08:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laxdale

I have a pair of Scierra boots that had 3  years use before being relegated to ghillie and sea angling duties. They have done more hours in retirement than a pair of Hardy boots and Taimen boots put together and are still in better nick.
They were cheap things with rubber soles and long studs.

These Simms boots are just nonsense....

sagecirca

Quote from: corsican dave on April 07, 2017, 08:41:37 AM
never trusted the boa system. it originated in ski boots quite a few years ago now and still re-surfaces now and again.

I like them!  Got it in my cycling shoes and think I prefer them to laces!  Only had one snap on me and that was in Poland while fishing last year in the middle of a session....but 5 minutes before that I tripped over a sharp rock and went for for a swim. 

sagecirca

Quote from: Laxdale on April 07, 2017, 06:04:48 PM

These Simms boots are just nonsense....

....the prices are becoming a nonsense!  Every year sees a steady increase in price.  They will price themselves out the market soon enough.  Especially when their kit doesn't seem to stand up to a seasons moderate use  :shock:

corsican dave

Quote from: sagecirca on April 08, 2017, 07:23:07 PM
I like them!  Got it in my cycling shoes and think I prefer them to laces!  Only had one snap on me and that was in Poland while fishing last year in the middle of a session....but 5 minutes before that I tripped over a sharp rock and went for for a swim.
well, if you will wear cycling shoes whilst fishing...

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

sagecirca

Quote from: corsican dave on April 08, 2017, 10:45:33 PM

That must be where I am going wrong  :shock:

corsican dave

Quote from: corsican dave on April 08, 2017, 10:45:33 PM
Quote from: sagecirca on April 09, 2017, 12:35:08 PM
That must be where I am going wrong  :shock:
funnily enough, i had to change the pedals on my mountain bike for precisely that reason (spds being a bit uncomfortable with wading boots) :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

sagecirca

......and another pair away back to Simms Europe for the same reason.  Four days on the Deveron and Don and the wire lace has again cut right through the tongue.  Normal laces next......and felt soles!

SoldierPmr

I rate the vision boots. I got them last year for work so I was in them every day of the week then the weekend fishing. This year one has a rip by the big toe but it still works fine. The rip I'm putting the blame on my self i must of booted a sharp stone or glass at some point. The studs by vision are also good and don't wear quickly i also have snowbee studs in them and they are shite and completely worn away.

I have come up with a small design improvement I'll be forwarding on to them though.

corsican dave

my guide g3s are still fine despite three years of pummeling. still on the original laces, too.

haresear

Quote from: ant0 on April 07, 2017, 04:39:59 PM
(Touches wood)
I seem to be getting good wear from my Redington Prowler boots, bought and used them tail end of 2015 season, used all last season (70-80 outings) and looking good with no wear other than sole this season.  Take studs well in the little sunken slots and don't lose them falling out.  £150 well spent.

[attachimg=1]

I am happy with mine too. So far so good. I started using them in NZ and walked on countless boulders with them.
So far so good. That said, I will be back to studded felts shortly. Our riverbeds get a slippery coating of algae and felt definitely makes a difference there.
Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page