News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

the summer of 76

Started by andy m, June 19, 2017, 07:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy

I was eighteen.

I remember queuing up to get into the Goldenhill Disco and the sweat was dripping off everyone before we even got in.
Fishing in the Old Kilpatrick Hill lochs during the nights with a big Coachman and a maggot waiting for the splash and the pull when they were chasing the big sedges.

As Fred says you need to make the most of every minute which is why I am presently working through my bucket list.
Unfortunately a lot of my time at present is being wasted while I work and I cannot wait until the day I decide 'fuck it' I have had enough.
That day is not too far away.

Billy

andy m

aye billy the flee and maggot was a killer method through the night, the coachman there is a fly thats drifted of my radar was a good fly fished when sedges or small moths were on the water, i remember my brother catching a cracking basket of fish on loch leven all on a coachman. think i will have to try some of the patterns that worked well for me that i seem to over look for a bit more flash or bit marabou wing cheers andy m

alba

I was minus 9.......1985 baby lol

emc

I was just finishing my 5th year at vet school. Certainly never experienced so many continuous days of wall to wall sunshine. Took my fiancé to the west coast, camping, and her main memories  were wall to wall midges, standing on beaches in seaweed bonfires  :shock: :shock: and finding the longest seaward projecting rocks to keep away from them. She's always been reluctant to return!

Seem to remember it only ended when the Minister of Sport was also given the brief of Minister for Drought - soon after it never stopped raining

andy m

was having a wee look at the summer of 1976 in some accounts, the 1st of july in glasgow was 86f and ag barr sold 400,000 gallons o, juice in a week. they were talking about a massive ladybird explosion of biblical terms . and then i rememberd that i was at rhyl in wales miners camp holiday and that was true ladybirds everywhere .you could not help but crush them walking strange how that was. cheers andy m

Go To Front Page