News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

who makes for whom? guideline fly lines

Started by corsican dave, June 25, 2017, 06:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alba

Folk think I'm mental but I never spen for than 13 quid on a fly line and I honestly see no difference. I've purchased expensive fly lines in the past and seen no advantage. My loch lines are wildfisher but are now being replaced, had them for 5 years, my dt4 I use on rivers is still going, Fred, you gave me that around 2011/2012 for catching first fish of the season. I look after them al so they last me a long time. I'm currently using a few caimore lines that are fantastic, kempy gave Jonathan Barnes a shot of one a few fweeks ago while he was fishing with him and he couldn't believe the quality either.

Like yours say these lines are all probably produced by a mainstream manufacturer

Wildfisher

Caimore lines are good and very cheap. They are so cheap I wonder if they are maybe Chinese? 

alba

Quote from: admin on June 25, 2017, 10:02:47 PM
Caimore lines are good and very cheap. They are so cheap I wonder if they are maybe Chinese? 

Could be , their site is very vague, sells very few items but has sold the same items for years, their vices get a great review aswell, also very cheap

Bobfly

I have quite a few lines from the Crabbit of Lunan Line Company, they seem OK for the price but I rarely have half the line out  :8) :8)
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Quote from: Bobfly on June 25, 2017, 10:42:36 PM
I have quite a few lines from the Crabbit of Lunan Line Company

The very name just screams quality.  :lol:

Go To Front Page