News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Scottish Game Fair

Started by Wildfisher, June 29, 2017, 08:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

i never said it wasn't there Fred  :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Ah, right, then that makes more sense Dave. You may have just missed it.   The  Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust are probably very keen to keep the public abreast of developments on the grouse moor raptor cull proposal front.  :lol:

corsican dave

as a responsible & environmentally sensitive body i don't doubt it, Fred  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Laxdale

Bet the blokes at the SNH tent who are there to explain licencing policy are having a fun weekend......

Wildfisher

I thought as a salmon fisher and shooter you might have been there yourself Gordon? 

Laxdale

I would rather go fishing or shooting if I have the time.
Despite being a dairy farmer for 30+ years, I never went to an agricultural show either.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Laxdale on July 01, 2017, 10:04:16 PM
Despite being a dairy farmer for 30+ years, I never went to an agricultural show either.

When we had the nursery I used to go to certain plant shows and take a trade stand.  A nice little earner as Arthur Daley would have said.  :8)

Bobfly

A couple of years ago the SNH tent had a map of Central and across Tayside to show the whole Tay catchment and the beaver locations which then went from the Falls of Leny up to Kinloch Rannoch. I wonder what the current mapping shows ...... ???
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Beavers are  at least as far east as Forfar Loch Vaughan. It's just a matter of time before they are in The Esks and Lunan catchments.  They may do some harm and they may do good either way game preservation interests are going to complain;  the elected Scottish government has decided to protect them and this has to be accepted.  On The Lunan the actions of farmers cause far more alterations to banks and to natural flows in a day than an army of beavers  could in a lifetime.  Beavers had nothing to do with the recent destruction of the salmon spawning grounds and fine pools on The Bervie at Mondynes.  It should be kept in perspective.

corsican dave

the game fair was great! i had a lovely day out with my wife  :D

Go To Front Page