News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Wild Alaska Live BBC tonight

Started by Highlander, July 26, 2017, 09:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

Got this on in the background. What a load of pish.

Quote: This is a Beaver, it builds a dam. The Salmon find it hard to get by this dam so they have to leap over it.
The Fish Eagle eats carrion & fish,
Guess that is why it is called a Fish Eagle.
Who is this aimed at, someone who lives in Englandshire that does not get out too often.
To think I pay a licence to watch this drivel.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

Far, far worse than that - the new Dr Who is to be a woman. It seems nothing at the BBC is now safe from the ravages of cultural Marxism,  virtue signalling and political correctness.  :lol:

SoldierPmr

Quote from: Highlander on July 26, 2017, 09:55:12 PM
Got this on in the background. What a load of pish.

Quote: This is a Beaver, it builds a dam. The Salmon find it hard to get by this dam so they have to leap over it.
The Fish Eagle eats carrion & fish,
Guess that is why it is called a Fish Eagle.
Who is this aimed at, someone who lives  somewhere like Bradford that does not get out too often.
To think I pay a licence to watch this drivel.

Tight Lines

I was having a similar chat earlier about why I don't watch Countryfile anymore (Completely different programme from when I was growing up). I think you hit the nail on the head Alan its aimed at the wider audiences of London Brummy and all other cities of the UK and it presented in such a patronising manner.

Laxdale

I was having a rant about Wild UK elsewhere yesterday.
I found it hard to believe it was possible to "dumb down" a subject so much.

alba

Inchlaggan

You can get odds of only 7:1 against the next James Bond being Jane Bond. Sheryl Holmes? Tarzania? Robina Hood? Harriet Potter? In the interest of fairness we can also have - John of Arc, The Master Marple Mysteries, and Henry of Troy.
AND !!! the next time I watch a wing-tagged Hebridean sea eagle take a (VERY) dead mackerel bait fish from the Kylerhea narrows, filmed from the boat of a good friend of mine, with the sonorous tones  of the narrator telling me that this is "wild" footage of the natural behaviour of a rare and endangered species I will have to chuck a brick through the TV I do not watch this shit any more.
AND, and AND, don't start me on pine martens (or pine martins, as they are frequently named).   

'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Bobfly

I was guessing that the truely "live" bits amounted to 10% of the time ..... OOOOOOH look a wolf sitting on a sand bank  :roll:
No apparent tight limits on the shooting budget with a helicopter and a base camp of over twenty tents.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Quote from: Inchlaggan on July 26, 2017, 10:36:50 PM
You can get odds of only 7:1 against the next James Bond being Jane Bond. Sheryl Holmes? Tarzania? Robina Hood? Harriet Potter? In the interest of fairness we can also have - John of Arc, The Master Marple Mysteries, and Henry of Troy.

Many believe the BBC is going to hell in a handcart. On the one hand it's run by home counties  Scottish hating right wingers, on the other some feel it's dominated by social justice warrior politically  correct pinko nutjobs.

What most agree on though is the choice of a white woman for Dr Who simply demonstrates  BBC bias and  white privilege at its worst and until the part is given to a  black wheelchair bound lesbian transgender Muslim woman genuine social justice and privilege correction will never be truly achieved. I have to say I agree wholeheartedly.    :lol:

Bobfly

Your new choice of correct Dr Who would surely be stoned to death in the first episode !!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

The way this classic long running BBC children's Sci-Fi show has been abused by some with their own agendas in recent years  any audience it has left  will probably have to be stoned before they can bring themselves to watch it.

Go To Front Page