News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

If only i had a spare 2.6 million!

Started by Lochan_load, August 11, 2017, 12:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Laxdale

Quote from: claretbumble on August 11, 2017, 06:13:01 PM
I know a certain group, who used to hike over the hill on a Saturday afternoon, stay in the bothy (the key was easily found), spin it all day Sunday, and take out as many fish as they as they could physically carry. They did it one October weekend every year for decades... never got caught. When the road went in, that stopped.

Reminds me of the yarn about the local worthy who told the Hamanaway keeper (the day he was leaving) that he used to poach Dibidale all the time and that the keeper had never caught him. "I used to sit watching the fat bastard through the rifle scope" was what the keeper told me once the plonker had moved on.

Wildfisher

£2.6 million is not bad actually. You would have to pay that for some of the bigger, posher  houses in Aberdeen.   :D

corsican dave

i have to say that if i had £2.6M i'd buy a rather nice house in Extremadura and spend the rest bumming around the world with a fly rod...  :8)

which is why i'll never have £2.6M, of course  :roll: :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Right now you could probably buy  Extremadura  for £2.6M. You have already paid for the motorway network, so why not just take a job  lot?    :lol:

corsican dave

aye, & i'd get the lynx chucked in for free! result!  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

corsican dave

we did see one, once. well we think it was a lynx, it was a bit difficult to tell
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

Read that report (if you can call it that) Fred, very good. No sense of sport back then....the fish has got off after an epic battle and sits recovering in the tail "tally ho ginger, gaff the bugger!"

Wildfisher

Aye and they wonder why there are next to no salmon left. Every fish caught was  gaffed and / or clubbed to death

Hoolet

Read a lot of Seaton Gordon's stuff in my teens, His exploits on the Fionn Loch really gripped my teenage mind and I walked in to fish there the following May...still one of my favourite memories of my trout fishing days, good sized fish that fought like buggery !

Hoolet
Ye Canny Fry A Rise!

Go To Front Page