News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Guideline Fario Classic

Started by roberth, May 06, 2018, 09:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roberth

Just bought a Guideline Fario Classic 9' #4. Does any anyone use this rod? I picked up a 6 section Guideline Fario CRS #5 in the John Norris sale and it's excellent but understand the classic is a slower actioned model. Sunday night, red wine and Ebay have a lot to answer for...

Bobfly

The classic is said to be a little softer. Lovely river rod. I use an LPXe 9' 4wt from the tube and it is good. Guideline "aftersales" is not good according to my local main shop and I had some hassle getting a new tip section after a blunder in some bushes down the river  :(
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

roberth

Thanks, that's what I'm looking for. I have a few Guideline rods and like them but haven't had to use the aftersales service yet. I'm surprised in the age of social media that companies get away with shoddy customer service.

arawa

Quote from: roberth on May 06, 2018, 09:29:03 PM
Thanks, that's what I'm looking for. I have a few Guideline rods and like them but haven't had to use the aftersales service yet. I'm surprised in the age of social media that companies get away with shoddy customer service.

I believe the same firm provide servicing in the UK for Guide, Rio and Sage. I have not used them for Guideline support but they obtained (very quickly) a Rio fly line for me that is only available in the USA. They also obtained some obscure Sage spares again very quickly - and cheaply. They were very helpful and I was very happy with their service.

Bobfly

I was using direct emails to Sweden to get some response and was told they were on holiday shutdown and had lost my iinitial request ... but managed to process my payment :shock:
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Laxdale

It took me 9 months to get a section for a 15ft Lpxe. I shall get the name of the UK rep to moan at to get things moving.

roberth

I used the Fario Classic today for the first time on a local quarry for roach. That wasn't the original plan but had to improvise due to lack of interest from the perch (was trying to master dropshotting). The Fario Classic performed really well and suits my casting stroke perfectly. I also have a Fario CRS but can't get on with it at all.

Go To Front Page