News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Inexpensive waterproof jacket

Started by caorach, January 07, 2019, 12:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierPmr

Quote from: arawa on January 11, 2019, 10:01:07 PM
I picked up a Ridgeline smock (the lightweight version) in the sales last year at a massive discount.  It is brilliant in early spring when fishing around a loch, but is hopeless wearing it for walking up the hill in the first place as it is far too warm - for me at least.

Thanks for the heads up I was looking at the new elite 2 apparently it's more breathable. But for £40 the ex mil is worth a try first.

Lochan_load

If I was in the market for a jacket I'd be very happy with that, I've got a couple like that I wear to the pub  :lol:

caorach

Quote from: Lochan_load on January 12, 2019, 02:16:54 PM
If I was in the market for a jacket I'd be very happy with that, I've got a couple like that I wear to the pub  :lol:

It must rain pretty heavy in your pub if you need to wear two of them. Ask them to put a roof on next time you are down there :-)

SoldierPmr

Mine arrived today. First impressions are good it seems fairly tough. The hood is a good size i hate hoods which are over sized that either cover your eyes or get caught in the wind and whip off behind you. The weather is usually miserable around here so it won't be long before it's used in anger.

Oh and sizing  i picked the medium and those who know me I'm not big built but the jacket is a little tight around the Christmas gut.

Go To Front Page