News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fishing boat

Started by roberth, June 07, 2021, 06:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roberth

I'm still looking, I realise the price of boats has increased in the last 18 months but some of the prices for essentially old boats and outboards is ridiculous. I'm not in a hurry so will wait for the right package to come along.

roberth

Got an Orkney Fastliner 16.

arawa

Quote from: roberth on July 08, 2021, 09:52:18 PM
Got an Orkney Fastliner 16.

Good boat. As I am sure you know, not a displacement boat so will plane with a bigger engine. I have been on the 14ft version with a 20hp engine doing 20kts.

roberth

Quote from: arawa on July 08, 2021, 10:51:17 PM
Good boat. As I am sure you know, not a displacement boat so will plane with a bigger engine. I have been on the 14ft version with a 20hp engine doing 20kts.

Yes, it's a nice solid boat. I'm looking to buy a decent 4 stroke outboard now.

burnie

You might want to consider a secondary means of propulsion in case the engine fails, can be a smaller outboard or a set of oars if you feel fit enough to row off a big loch.

Bobfly

Clyde Outboard Services are a good outfit. Dealers for many makes and know their stuff. I bought a 4stroke from them recently and know others who would recommend them.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

roberth

I'm planning to get an auxiliary 4hp as backup to the main outboard.

Bobfly

COS have quite a range of engines, new and used, big and small. I bought a used Mariner 3.5 4stroke that just had a very few hours on it.

roberth

Quote from: Bobfly on July 09, 2021, 07:38:19 PM
COS have quite a range of engines, new and used, big and small. I bought a used Mariner 3.5 4stroke that just had a very few hours on it.

I'll check them out, would be more comfortable buying a used motor from a dealer.

Bobfly

They are dealers for most main makes. Have a look at their website.

Go To Front Page