News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Guide/Fishpond customer service

Started by arawa, September 24, 2021, 04:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arawa

A few years ago (to add to my vast collection of tackle bags  :roll:) I bought a Fishpond hip pack. After using it once, I went back to a vest pack.
Then earlier this year in the hot weather I dug it out to have another go but I could not find the shoulder strap. I rang Guide to ask if I could buy another but, not surprisingly, they did not have any. However, they offered to send me a substitute while they ordered a proper replacement from the USA - with many apologies that because of Covid this might take some time. The substitute arrived the next day. The proper replacement is now here and no charge for either strap!
Orvis has excellent customer service but Guide/Fishpond is seriously impressive too. I am happy to pay premium prices for premium service. Many thanks Guide.

Terrier

I've always found guide fly fishing to be good also (in my case re vision and redington equipment).

Guideline on the other hand, not quite so!

Bobfly

Quite agree about Guideline. Staff in a major angling shop have told me they find them poor for aftersales customer service.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Magnus Angus had several Guidedline rods that he really rated.

Bobfly

I have two LPXE Guideline rods, a 9ft 4wt and a 9ft 5wt and really like them both. However, I broke the tip on the 4wt and they took about two months to get a replacement through !!!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page