News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

A Bit Blowy

Started by Wildfisher, June 11, 2022, 09:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Just reminds me why I quit taking fishing holidays in Scotland.  ;D

arawa

It is very windy today but at least it is a warm westerly. We have had weeks of cold easterlies - which has been the pattern for early summer for several years now.

sagecirca

My on call weekend so the weather can do what it likes as I'll not be fishing!  :D

Fishtales

24 hours of rain here and it is still coming down. There is a puddle outside the caravan that might be worth a cast though :) I haven't been out but I bet the three rivers are bombing down ATM.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Wildfisher

Only a few heavy showers here, we are desperate for rain. The farmers are sucking  up water and irrigating full belt now.

Highlander

QuoteIt is very windy today but at least it is a warm westerly.

A good Salmon wave that is all it is 
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

Alex is up in Caithness at the moment, he says the wind is hellish there. Two days fishing so far, no fish.  :(

Bobfly

We are also in Caithness, arriving an hour ago. Just checking that my part of the groceries has travelled OK. White horses on the loch below the cottage and 35mph for 2 or 3 days more ... ! The wind seems to have turned this photo too.

[attachimg=1]
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Good luck Vaughan, it's always a massive  (and now expensive) risk planning a fishing holiday in the north. At least I see you have the emergency rations with you.   ;D

What loch is that?

Bobfly

That loch is Yarrows. Might get out tomorrow.

Could anyone with contact details for Stemster loch down at Latheron post them up as I haven't found anything yet.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page