News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

******* Weather

Started by Wildfisher, April 29, 2023, 12:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

This has to have been one of the worst springs I've ever  seen and believe me I'm auld enough to have seen een or twa.  ;D

Since I got back from NZ in mid March we have had constant cold winds from the east or north. It was snowing a few days ago.  ::)

Fish are being caught, but to hammer an old cliché, there is more to fishing than catching fish.  Other parts have had the odd good day, but here on the east coast it's been pretty dreadful. :(

Wildfisher

Temp here at 2.00PM today  was 7 *C.

It's almost May for goodness sake.  >:(

burnie

I've got a conservatory full of tomato plants that are going to have to go out into the greenhouse, but still frost forecast for early May, not been fishing nor done any filming either, sat by the fire telling people on the internet just how wrong they are ..................... 8)

scobo

We just got back from Spain yesterday where it had been around 23°C all week.
Imagine the shock when we got off the plane and it was 4°C. :o
A lot better today at 13°C but still not fantastic for this time of year.

New forum software seems pretty quick to load pages. 👍
Scott

"Fly fishing is my prozac"

Wildfisher

The forecast for this week is not good to say the least. The week after I'm down in Yorkshire for an old guys get together. So no fishing for a few weeks yet by the looks of things. Perhaps it will be warmer by then.  ::)

scoobyscott

Weather has been crap! Rivers seem to be really slow switching on and I fear we may have missed the best chance of a bruiser  :(

Wildfisher

Quote from: scoobyscott on April 30, 2023, 05:08:25 PMWeather has been crap! Rivers seem to be really slow switching on and I fear we may have missed the best chance of a bruiser  :(

I had promised myself at least one trip to the Don in April, but sod that in these conditions  :(

Hill loch gold

It's been cold every time i've been out fishing this season. 7 degrees on the car thermometer at the loch yesterday. Hopefully picks up a bit soon.

burnie

It would seem the Salmon don't mind, though low water is affecting my two local rivers, the Dee and Tay seem to throwing up some decent fish.

Go To Front Page