News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fishing Kayak - sit on top single or double?

Started by Pearly Invicta, August 30, 2007, 03:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearly Invicta

I'm selling my P&H Capella sea kayak as i just don't get enough use out of it. I'm going to buy a sit on top fishing kayak instead. Anyone got any tips on good models? I'd prefer to buy a double so i can take the kids out but I don't want to much of a trade off on handling.

I know Swithun uses one. Ever used it in rough seas?

Pearly Invicta

Cheers, hadn't actually found that forum. It's very useful. Gerry (Drumgerry) had some very useful info too. Have ordered a boat and cannae wait to get a wee saltwater fishing trip under my belt before the weather and water gets too cold.

drumgerry

Thanks Pearly - just a beginner with the yak myself but it promises to be great fun.  My one - an Ocean Kayaks Prowler - fairly zips through the water although fishing from it is an interesting experience with most of your gear in the well behind the seat.  I like the thought of trying some of the bigger lochs for trout in it as well - I think it'd be a more versatile and speedy ride than the float tube.  Will get some photies of it with all my gear attached and post them here if that's ok.

Cheers

Gerry

Pearly Invicta

I agree that the canadian is very good for overnighters and fishing trips- on freshwater. I bought the sit on top for fishing offshore. Its got a lower wind profile, stacks of primary stability and a flared bow for cutting through the waves. Horses for courses!

Go To Front Page