News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Need A Cure

Started by superscot, February 18, 2008, 12:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fredaevans

Lots of good ideas above (especially the one about staying away from the exhaust fumes) but I'll add an 'odd one.'

Tums anti acid pills.

First think that gets screwed up is your inner-ear; once that's happened your on your way. Don't fight 'up-chucking,' get the first one out of the way, then chew Tums (or what ever anti acid you guys have over there). It's the continual stomach churning and taste in your mouth that keeps it coming.

jimmyw

A brandy or a can of 7-up works for me.
A 7-up saved me throwing myself overboard the Shetland ferry.
An old lady wearing a tweed suit gave me the 7-up saying she always carried 2 just in case. Dont see many angels in tweed suits.
fishing is a way of life .

superscot

QuoteSeasickness or ?mal de mer? is always a risk on a dive boat. There are two stages to seasickness.
i) you?re afraid you?re going to die and ii) you?re afraid you?re NOT going to die. That said, it?s
not really all that bad if you i) avoid it and ii) deal with it sensibly, if or when it occurs.

The first !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wildfisher

Quote from: Element on February 26, 2008, 09:33:13 PM
I definitely would support the ginger idea - used by the Chinese to fight nausea and it works.

Are you sure?  Bandy catcher is a bit  ginger aroond the heid and being in a boat with  him makes me feel nauseous  :D

sandyborthwick

So when is Bandy in Hong Kong for his knockout bout with Nausea!!! :lol:

Sandy B.O.

Go To Front Page