News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Islay Accommodation

Started by Malcolm, August 18, 2008, 07:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm

Hello,

I know there are a few people from Islay and some more who visit regularly. I'm looking to go there for one week within the period 20th September - 3rd October. Can anyone recommend good self catering accommodation for Mrs P, me and the pooch. I looked at the place that Norm goes to but unfortunately it doesn't allow pets. Not a fishing trip as such  :wink: but I will get the odd session in no doubt.

Malcolm
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Clan Ford

Hi Malcom,

There is a list of accomodation on Gavceltics Port Ellen AC site:-

http://www.portellenanglingclub.co.uk/page_1204399847785.html

I've directed a few folk to that page and they have all found accomodation.

Norm

Malcolm

Norm. Thanks for that link that is a lot of information. A swift look through suggests that Islay is one expensive place for self catering, or maybe the cottages are better than elsewhere. Still, got a lot to go through, maybe I've looked at the wrong ones.

Dod,

I don't have any village in mind (my knowledge of Islay is restricted to a return car trip to Bowmore from Port Askaig) but Mrs P is very keen that it is close to the sea. I had thought somewhere on the west coast would be best. The ideal would be somewhere not too far from a decent trout loch with a decent pub that does good bar meals.

Malcolm
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

haresear

QuoteAye you're spoiled for choice between Banjoville, Portwickerman, Ardoneeyebrow or Bowyouvegotapurdymouthboy.

:lol: :lol: Brilliant, Allan.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page