News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Cracking wee jig nymph that, nice!

Robbie

I saw a picture of a Cardineal in one of Stan Headley's Trout and Salmon articles. Liked the look of the fly and thought I'd tie one up. In the process of doing so a couple of variants sprang to mind. Nothing ground breaking, but I think they should be useful enough. The double wing has quite a nice effect.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

Bobfly

Looks the bizz for sea trout ??
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Robbie, to revert to the language of my childhood - those are rakers   :D

Crawhin

I could see the middle one in particular doing a good job chasing silver in the Hebrides. Nice.

Ian

scoobyscott

scoobyscott

Some of my favourite PTNs tonight. Hard to get it to show in the pic but there is a ice blue tinsel flash on top of the thorax. Its a fairly subtle nymph but that tinsel just glints a uv flash at certain angles. This catches for me throughout the year from Jan to December for trout and grayling alike. [attachimg=1][attachimg=2]

Wildfisher

Really effective looking nymphs there Scott.

Robbie

Clan Chief

Stunning flees Robbie and that looks a  very useful pattern too Scooby!
I recently acquired some old flydresser guild booklets with some very interesting articles  in them. Especially the fearures on Tummel flees and Tweed Flees.
As described in the Tweed Feature heres is a spider pattern I tied  named the red spider I'd be more inclined to call it plover & yellow

Go To Front Page