News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I'm tying a few dries using this wonderful Whiting cape I've had for years. It gives the Adams mixed hackle effect with one feather.

First dries I have tied for a long time  oh my goodness my tying is rough, the eyes are not what they once were.   :lol:

I know it won't bother the fish though.  :8)

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Wildfisher

Same fly as above but with a collar hackle clipped below. Much easier to tie and just as effective if a bit more difficult to spot on the water. Don't ask me about fly names by the way I just tie flies that I know work for the least tying effort possible.   :D

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

Olive version unclipped

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

This is one of the most effective dry flies I use on rivers.

Just brown thread and a grizzle hackle. I used to tie the body with pheasant tail but brown thread is equally effective. It could hardly be simpler or quicker to tie. I tie it on 14 to 18. This is a 16.

[attachimg=1]

Clan Chief

These look great Fred. I have taken note as I intend to try river fishing next year!

Wildfisher

Thanks Allan. My main to to anyone  new to rivers is keep it simple.   :)

Wildfisher

My early season generic dun pattern.

Body:  Brown or olive thread
Wing:  Tiemco Aero wing  tied in swept back
Hackle and Tail, Red game trimmed underneath or just left long.

Hackle goes on last.  Dead simple, easy to tie and I find this works when parachutes etc fail.

[attachimg=1]

scoobyscott

Bonny flies gents. I tied a very similiar dun to that Fred years ago for mb's and it was  good. For some reason I haven't tied them again  :?

Wildfisher

First of today's flies. Size 10 jig hook (Partridge) 3mm tungsten bead with lead wire, hare fur and peacock dubbing.

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

Another size 10  with 3mm tungsten bead

These flies won't win any tying comps but they do catch a lot of fish.   :D

[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page