News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Absurdities

Started by Malcolm, October 28, 2008, 10:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm

Don't ya just love 'em.

You know the middle aged couple walking in the wilds of Glasgow Green with Full Goretex and Nordic Poles. Or the hugely overweight woman going 2kmh on a treadmill in the gym - and she's the only one in lycra.

Well today I got discovered a fishing one: new AFTM 3 line that wouldn't give me much room for backing on my reel. Then I looked at the box. 90ft! Scissors job I'm afraid, sorry Cortland.

Found any absurdities lately?
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

sandyborthwick

90ft 3wt  :lol: :lol:.

Must be Cortland April fools day.

Sandy B.O.

River Chatter

So that's why my #3 Cortland line's got about 10ft of backing on it! I thought it was because I'd squeezed it onto my #2 reel  :lol: I'm going to check the length of this line as soon as I get back home tonight and snip some of the running line off if it's ower long. Can't say I noticed when I fitted it.  One thing's for sure - I'd have noticed if my little river rod and I had managed to shoot the whole line (so I can safely lose a few feet) and if I'd hooked a monster that took me down to the backing of my dragless reel. I'm more optimistic that a monster will come along one day than improved casting abilities! Thanks for the inspiration  :D

Harpo

Not a fishing related one, but my new toaster had a warning message in the instruction advising that it should not be used to as a house heating implament:shock:

Pearly Invicta

I've got a gas paint stripper that advises me not to use it as a hairdryer.

haresear

QuoteI've got a gas paint stripper that advises me not to use it as a hairdryer.

Hey, never though of that. What a great idea :D

When I burn my napper, do you think I could claim them on the grounds that the idea never occurred to me until I read it on the literature with the product? :?

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

How about organic farmed salmon?

Go To Front Page