News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

LEAD FREE FISHING SINKERS TO MAKE AT HOME

Started by Perkons, August 15, 2008, 11:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perkons

These are good for kids who fish, for the environment, and also for saving money:

http://www.perkons1.com/SANDSINKERS/Sandsinkers.html

It's a nice rainy day project for kids.

Perkons     :fish;

Wildfisher

That's a good tip Perkons. A damned sight less expensive than these huge sea fishing lead weights too I'll wager.

alancrob

Quoteand pouring it into sand moulds, with a paper-clip stuck into the molten lead!

When taking groups of kids to fish at the pier in Greenock I used to have to take a box full of weights, the kids preferred casting to fishing. We had a deal with the local kwik-fit to get the old wheel balance weights to melt down.
Hate to think how many are sitting in the clyde today.

A.

Perkons

The legs of old jeans or pants make good extra-heavy sandsinkers for sea fishing.

Other suggestions I've had are:

Baby socks.
Shirt front strips from old shirts (charity shop?) ... cut off the strips that hafe the buttons and buttonholes.
Bottom edges of old sheets.
Jacket sleeves (for big weights).
The fancy velvet bags that sometimes come with whiskey bottles (for presents).
Nylon stockings (for small weights).   :fish;

Perkons

Perkons

Because AOL Hometown is shutting down, the Sandsinkers website has been moved to:

http://www.perkons1.com/SANDSINKERS/Sandsinkers.html

The AOL site has had over 9,000 hits (counted by Sitemeter), including many from interesting places like Singapore, Malaysia, Senegal, Turkey, Bulgaria, Greece (lots of hits), Germany, Gibraltar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, New Zealand ?. And lots more.  It?s too bad the site had to be moved.

Please pass the new site on to anyone who might find it useful.

In a few months I will re-do the site with linked sections for ?Rigging With Sandsinkers? and a photo gallery of ?Fish Caught With Sandsinkers?.  If you use sandsinkers and could send me some photos of your rigging methods with descriptions and also photos of yourself with the fish you caught with sandsinkers and some info about the type of fish, where caught, how the rigging was done, etc., that would be appreciated.

Please send the photos to: perkonss@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

Perkons-

:gonefishing;

Go To Front Page