News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

When cooking trout

Started by Black-Don, August 08, 2010, 05:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black-Don

Having read Tony's Trout Marie Rose recipe, I thought I 'd share this easy and simple recipe for troot's or the like.

1 or more trout.
Roll of tinfoil
Good pinch or two of salt for each trout to be cooked
Pepper
1 teaspoon or so of mixed herbs
Orange or Lemon sliced
1 onion sliced
Garlic
Butter
White wine
Olive oil

Liberally smear a sheet of tinfoil with olive oil. Wash and dry your troot and put on the oiled foil ( A plate with a raised edge is a good preparation surface ). Liberally apply a good pinch of salt ( perhaps 3/4 a level teaspoon ) a good pinch of mixed herbs and a knob of butter along the backbone of the trout. Slice some garlic and put inside the cavity along with some sliced onion. Put a couple of slices of orange or lemon in the body cavity and pour a tablespoon or two of white wine of your choice onto the trout ( we used Liebframilch last time which was quite nice but I usually use something like Chardonnay ).

Fold your tinfoil over the trout and seal along each end and the long edge with a couple of folds to make an airtight parcel. Put in the oven at 200 c and cook for about 25 mins.

Put the tinfoil parcel on a plate to be opened by each person or open the parcels and put trout on each plate along with the cooking juices.

Serve with some new potatoes and salad or broccoli, carotts or similar.

Lovely, enjoy.

Inchlaggan

Still nae bluddy saffron, yis is a fillystines.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

corsican dave

did you HAVE to post this while i'm still working??? i'm absolutely ravenous now! :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Harpo

Yeah i've done Trout like this before, really nice. Usually add a bay leaf in the cavity and a pinch of dry chilli. :D

Go To Front Page