News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Chanterelle cream sauce with troots

Started by Pearly Invicta, September 01, 2010, 11:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearly Invicta

My local chanterelles patch was looking a bit poor this year- until yesterday when I got a really good harvest. They do seem to be a bit late this year everywhere. This patch has never let me down and I wouldn't divulge its location to anyone!

Anyway, I always eat my chanterelles on their own, in butter or with chicken or as girolles a la forestiere (with bacon, butter and tatties) but wondered if they might go with trout or white fish.

I cooked them with onions, garlic and stock then added double cream and black pepper. Then removed the mushrooms and ate them. The remaining sauce I strained and used today as a sauce over some  trout fillets and a haddock fillet.

Absolutely wonderful- the chanterelle flavour is delicate so the bland taste of the trout didnt overpower it.

It's all a bit arsey for breakfast but hell, you only live once!

Harpo

Excellent stuff Pearly, looks lovely

I'm afraid i've never quite lept into the world of wild mushrooming, although I have the books and guides.

I always keep my eyes out for Ceps though but never found any as yet.

Was out checking my Bramble & Elderberry patch yesterday as that's as far as my foraging has got so far.

Harpo

Quote from: claretbumble on September 01, 2010, 01:25:18 PM
Brambles are magnificent this year. Must be the dry, sunny weather - nice and fat, and not at all soggy.

I made the mistake of picking and giving one to my 2 year old (trying to get her into the origins of food from a young age amd all that)
She loved it but now thinks that every berry she sees is a "bwamble" and wants to eat it :shock:

Go To Front Page