News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

River Cottage Fish Book

Started by Ptinid, January 31, 2008, 10:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ptinid

Got this for a birthday recently, and am quite impressed with it.

Apart from good recipes, there are decent sections on smoking fish, including how to make and use cold smokers, and some good discussions on the use of fish.

Not too happy with the salmon section, and he does 'allow' the use of '''Organic!!!''' farmed salmon, but overall, I like this book, and some of the recipes are cracking.

Wait till it goes onto the 'remaindered' sections though - it's ?30!

It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.  ~John Steinbeck

Harpo

Yeah I got it as well, it's about time that a cook book recommends using the more suistanable fish rather than cod & haddock all the time....although I draw the line at farmed Carp !

I like the sound of Gravad macks, Gravadlax made with Mackarel will try that this summer when I catch some (they're the only fish I can almost guarentee that I will catch  :D)

Also it turns out that my Local Fishmonger, is a Wild trout Fisherman, Clyde, Tweed and Sutherland etc, and he said he can order me any fish that I need....top man :D
...these local shops need to be supported over the big supermarkets

Dougie Smith

Costcos have the book for 17 quid. I'm out the door with cook books and didn't buy it. Might have to go back for it soon.

Clan Chief

Go To Front Page