News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Sweet Corn For Grayling

Started by Wildfisher, November 04, 2006, 01:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haresear

I've had sea trout on corn too Fergie. Also on bread, roach livebait about 4oz, and a 7" Rapala . I also know of them caught on a half herring. :(

Oh ,and sometimes they will take a fly! :lol:
Protect the edge.

haresear

Nice one Ardbeg. Corn is back on the menu :)
Protect the edge.

burnie

Sweet corn is apparently indigestable for humans,but I've never heard of problems with fish,it is used extensively for coarse fish south of the border and has been so for many years.I personally wouldn't use it for Grayling purely as I've found worms and maggots to much more sucessful.Sweetcorn is heavy bait that was always legered when fishing for chub or barbel,I caught both of these from waters that contained grayling,I never caught a grayling with corn,but when trotting with live baits caught both .

Clan Ford

Hi Burnie,

I find the corn is my most successful bait for grayling.  I don't bother feeding it, just pop a kernel on the hook and off I go.  Fish the worm a lot as well but no with as much sucsess.  Never use maggots as I can't get hold of them near me.

I suspect that sweetcorn is going to be banned all over the place for Grayling as supposedly salmon parr have been killed due to stuffing themselves with corn that has been loose fed.  Old wives tale if you ask me but Salmon is king (or so it seems)!

Norm

burnie

Hi Norm

I could go into details of how to breed your own maggots but I fear,1 ,I'm on the wrong kind of web site ,2 ,your wife may well be after me to give me a good kicking.Seems women don't take kindly to maggots,especially in the house fridge(at least mind objected).

Go To Front Page