News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Recent posts

Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Essential Accessories
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 01:05:47 PM
OK, the tank, stand, filter, heater etc are ordered.

What other tools and accessories, test kits etc  do you recommend I buy?  Willing to spend a few £100 if required.
Open Board / Re: One Of Tom's Coos!
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 12:30:03 PM
They are a local attraction for sure. That pic is a few years old now, looks like a young beast! :)
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Discus
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 12:26:54 PM
Not enough current knowledge Jon. Just not ready for such a challenge!
Open Board / Re: One Of Tom's Coos!
Last post by tomsampson - Today at 12:01:51 PM
One of the cows ended up on the Visit Scotland Instagram account. 60,000 likes. How do I get the image rights?!!
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Discus
Last post by Jon - Today at 11:30:03 AM
Out of your league in what way?
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Discus
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 11:25:14 AM
I noticed there is someone in Forfar looking to rehome this pair.

Stunning but way out of my league!

discus.jpg
Maidenhead Aquatics seem to control the market. The place I ordered my setup in Dundee is one of their outlets.

By the way stand by for a barrage of questions from this re-born fishkeeper 40 years on. It amazes me how things have changed. :)
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Albino Bristle Nose Plecos
Last post by Jon - Today at 11:08:33 AM
I nearly had a heart attack when seeing the prices in a local Maidenhead Aquatics shop a few months ago. Fish priced at £15 each that I used to import for $0.30 a few years ago!
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Fish Tank One Of N
Last post by Jon - Today at 11:07:42 AM
Looking forward to the pics.
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Mourning geckos
Last post by Jon - Today at 11:06:10 AM
I kept a few reptiles and amphibians over the years. I liked building large bioactive vivariums for species like green tree pythons.

My problem is I like to go away on holidays and suitable pet sitters are hard to find! Maintaining the required humidity for the pythons was hard even when using a mister system. So I had them rehomed.

The beauty of mourning geckos is that they can be fed rehydrated powdered food, chopped fruit and a drop of honey. The family members who pop round when we're away are ok feeding this! They don't want to feed roaches and crickets etc...

I'm planning on building a dart frog vivarium when I get chance. I have all the kit and glass viv here, I've just not had the time to build it. This will be a naturalistic, bioactive setup.

The geckos will cohabit. It's one of VERY few multi species vivs that should work. The lizards will inhabit the top of the viv and the dart frogs the bottom bit. They shouldn't predate on each other and as far as I can tell there is no issues with the spread of disease etc. So it should work ok.

I visited a local rep shop the other week. They had an Emerald Tree Boa in stock. That's an inhabitant for a big natural looking viv too. They look gorgeous. But I don't have the time to care for one properly. And they're rear fanged and highly aggressive too, so I wouldn't fancy being tagged by it either.   ;D
Go To Front Page