News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Waterproof slingpacks

Started by arawa, October 29, 2020, 05:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean Freeman

I have the fishpond thunderhead backpack and sling, both very good and never leave a drop in. They feel robust in their construction but lack pockets and compartments for organising your gear.

Bobfly

Just a thought. If your Patagonia is a single fabric sling bag you can use the thinned out kitchen clear silicone outside then a day later turn it inside out and treat the inside.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

arawa

Thanks everyone. I don't think there is anything on the market that replicates in waterproof fabric the excellent functionality of the Patagonia Front Sling.

[attachimg=1]

I have the earlier version which I prefer to the current one because the side straps tighten completely so a rod can be carried safely without a tube (it slips through the current version as my friend discovered!).
I think I will wait until I can visit the stores and view what is on offer, and perhaps try Bobfly's suggestions. Santa will just have to find something else to bring me  :D

Laxdale

I had to look up what a sling pack is!
I just hate anything like that that...too bulky.
A smock does me in that I can carry all I need to eat and fish for a day in one.
I got word of this sale early on and got two of there Deerhunter smocks in XXL for 40 quid each! (Reason for posting this is because there are still some good deals going in the sale)

https://www.lakelandtoysandhobbies.co.uk/product/deerhunter-avanti-maxx-5/

Good deal if you are a midget or have children to take fishing.

Go To Front Page