News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Angling Cub Survival

Started by Wildfisher, April 10, 2020, 02:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Having listened to doctors and politicians on the radio this morning I'd say don't hold your breath over getting out fishing again. It's hardly an essential activity and country wide it brings people into contact. Not all anglers head for the hills, in fact that's a tiny  minority. UK wide most are at small fisheries, sharing boats on lochs, lakes and  reservoirs or hiring ghillies. The word seems to be it will be at least 12 months before we are back to anything approaching normal and for non essential activities like fishing to kick off again. This is going to screw a lot of clubs. Last year Rescobie struggled to fill the membership and all that caused that was one poor season during the hot summer in 2018. Anglers are a fickle bunch.

burnie

I'm not going fishing......................I'm going hunting for my dinner.................................(food shopping)

Wildfisher

Just speaking with one of our local club committee  members and it looks like Rescobie is going to discount  2021 memberships to help cover the loss of fishing this year. This is a god idea and should help prevent a loss of members. The riparian owners are, I believe, already generous to  the club.

I wonder if The Crown Estate and the local fisheries boards will be as understanding with clubs who have salmon fishing.

Go To Front Page