News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Boat fishing. (drogue question)

Started by Dougster, April 01, 2006, 09:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quote from: Pearly InvictaFred, that drogue design looks spot-on- for attaching an action man to it and throwing it out an upstairs windee.

I was gonna tie it to Bandy Catcher  and try that with him, but what's the point in risking a perfectly good drogue?  :)

Wildfisher

Quote from: Bandy Catcher
QuoteFred, that drogue design looks spot-on- for attaching an action man to it and throwing it out an upstairs windee.

QuoteI was gonna tie it to Bandy Catcher and try that with him, but what's the point in risking a perfectly good drogue?  

By implication, I take it that means I'm an action man.  :D

John

Tell you what then action man. Get yer arse doon tae Somers and buy me a couple 6 oz leads and I'll modify the drogue as suggested by Sandfly, seems like a good idea

Although I wonder if that's legal. You ken what he's like   :lol:

Wildfisher

Quote from: Bandy CatcherOh maybe you're busy designing an on line permit system.

You've sussed me

I'm printing the Ardhuncart permits right now.

Pearly Invicta

Was there not some tip in a magazine a few years ago about using the chain aff a dogs lead to attach the drogue to the rope? That would take it down fine. Anyone tried that?

haresear

Quoteis it still legal to use lead weights ?.

Davy,

Leads are OK as long as they are over 1 oz.
Protect the edge.

haresear

Something occurs to me. When using a devon/mepps for salmon, I usually use some lead as an anti-kink device. What about the same thing for the drogue?
You could use a big split ring at the drogue end to attach the corner ropes to a big swivel as Sandy suggested.  Stick another big split ring on the main rope-end of the swivel and hang one of Davy's 6oz leads from the split ring. The weight would force the swivel to work effectively (and also sink the drogue). Boab's yer uncle.

I haven't tried it yet, but will as soon as the effing weather improves enough to let me get out in a boat without losing the skin off my face.

p.s. I have edited this post from the original, as I had the lead on the wrong side of the swivel originally :oops:
Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page