News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rannoch raider

There's a bit of an Irish style to a lot of the palmered flies shown lately. They are very easy on the eye. I hope these work a treat for your trip guys.

Clan Chief

Tied today

#10 hook
Claret Uni 8/0 thread
Claret SLF & Possum dubbing
Silver wire rib
Dyed orange tippet tail
Claret body hackle
Peacock blue collar hackle
Claret partridge head hackle

pedropete

some tying lads, can't see a dodgy one among them..I tied a few hogs for a trip shortly but a hogs a hog so here's a few sunburst octopus in 10# .ive not fished them myself yet but 2 lads I know did well on Orkney this season..so worth a few in the box at least..

corsican dave

wow! that's a pattern & a half. i could see that being successful on any number of levels  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

Lovely pattern, would be a nice colour to add to my box

rannoch raider

Beautiful Pete. You've got that style mastered. The Claret and Blue Bumbles are superb too.

scoobyscott

Would happily fish any of those flies. Here's a wee Czech nymph to mix it up a bit 😜[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

That's a nice colour combination on that one Scott. Are you going to tackle the grayling over the winter ?

pedropete

Scott lovely Czech bug, I love doing this style, can be a bit "footery" you have it looking nice... thanks, lads, red tail coming right up..in the box.. yeah it's a style I haven't been familiar with so I've enjoyed getting to grips with the proportions and new materials. it's not my pattern originally, I added the s/b partridge just for effect.

Robbie

Pete that fly is beautiful. Followed by a cracking nymph by Scott.

Have it a go at a muddler on a tube, hopefully save me having to buy big f-off long shank lumps of metal.

Go To Front Page