News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Oz Tent RV 3 For sale. (SOLD)

Started by rannoch raider, April 14, 2017, 08:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rannoch raider

Tent now sold elsewhere.  :8)

Hi Folks, I'm selling an Oz Tent RV 3  3/4 person tent.  It's an award winning model that can honestly be set up in under 30 seconds. I bought it new and used it twice when I was a VW van owner. I have now moved on to a bigger motorhome so the tent is no longer required. It is in as new condition. My own very limited experience of the tent was very positive. It is very well made and has stood up to the might of a miserable wet and very windy weekend in Arisaig. It was one of only two tents left standing after some serious winds that weekend. People around us were abandoning destroyed tents and running for the cover of a toilet block but the Ozzy fella weathered it and kept us dry and comfortable. The only other tent to survive that night was a low profile one man tent that was sheltered behind a big touring motorcycle. So, I'm happy to call it robust and capable in quite extreme conditions.
I could rant on about all its features and how unbelievably easy it is to set up but I've attached a couple of really informative you tube movies that will give you the whole story. I'd just say that as a 'base camp' it would be hard to beat. It can be extended with a variety of panels and works really well with 4x4s, Estate cars and tailgate opening or van type vehicles.
The RV 3 is described as a 3/4 person model but I'd say 3 with gear would be comfortable.
This model retails at £764 from Norwich camping. I haven't seen it any cheaper anywhere else. I'm looking for £600. Have a look if you are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2T1Oc70qkw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalFmi_3wzk

superscot

Very nice bit of kit .......never came across them before

rannoch raider

Yeah, it's a fantastic tent. I think the reason its not more widely known is that Norwich Camping are the only UK dealers for the line. I was put onto it initially  by kayakers who raved about it. I did a bit of digging around when considering this tent and couldn't find anyone with a bad word to say about the tent or indeed the entire brand. Everything about it is top quality. The polycotton ripstop material is superb, 100% waterproof, super tough and highly breathable. I bought a couple of folding camp beds from Oztent for use in the tent and was mightily impressed with them too.
The only drawback the tent has is its weight. It's not designed for hiking around but not many 3/4 person tents are. As a campsite or basecamp tent its practicality, quality and design are second to none. It's nice to sleep comfortably on a camp bed without worrying about damaging flimsy groundsheets, it's also nice to be able to stand up to dress. The front awning allows cooking under shelter when it's raining and is a good shade when the sun's trying to melt you. :8)

Go To Front Page