News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Cheap Superglue

Started by rannoch raider, November 17, 2016, 05:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

Not that I ever use it, Sally Hansen Hard As Nails on occasion but something I have always thought about but never got the answear.
Is "normal" Super Glue & the like such as Loctite the same animal as say the "proper" "Fishing Glue" "Zap a Gap" etc.
Or is it just they usual pay more because it is sold for us gullible fishermen.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

corsican dave

this is the best I've come across. it's waterproof (the usual loctites aren't that good after prolonged wetting, especially in saltwater) and, as you can see, it won't break the bank. it actually works out cheaper than Loctite. plus their mail order service is outstanding. I have no idea why they don't advertise more widely; presumably they're more than happy with the industrial market
http://www.shop4glue.com/instatite-50g-thick-superglue-adhesive-gap-filling-cyanoacrylate-glue-industrial-superglue-universal-506-p.asp

i think i last bought one two years ago and i'm pleased to see it hasn't gone up in price
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Simon Everett

Quote from: corsican dave on November 21, 2016, 09:19:07 AM
this is the best I've come across. it's waterproof (the usual loctites aren't that good after prolonged wetting, especially in saltwater) and, as you can see, it won't break the bank. it actually works out cheaper than Loctite. plus their mail order service is outstanding. I have no idea why they don't advertise more widely; presumably they're more than happy with the industrial market
http://www.shop4glue.com/instatite-50g-thick-superglue-adhesive-gap-filling-cyanoacrylate-glue-industrial-superglue-universal-506-p.asp

i think i last bought one two years ago and i'm pleased to see it hasn't gone up in price

Nice one Moustachio.  The last bottle of Fulling Mill I bought went off solid in the bottl ebefore I ever got to use it. It was only in the fridge about 3 weeks, when I got it out it was absolutely rock solid the whole way through - I had never opened it. I shall avoid FM from now on - your instant industrial version will last me a year or two.

Merci monsieur!

corsican dave

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page