News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierPmr

Quote from: Fishtales on March 04, 2015, 08:00:24 PM
It is.

Hers is the original.

is that sparse hen hackle or cock looking at mine it has got a couple too many turns of cock.

Fishtales

I only use Indian cock capes for hackles. For that one the hackle is from the front just above where the beak would be. They are very short there so only one turn, or at most one and a half.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Lochan_load

Sticking with the orange theme, hot orange Spey

[attachimg=1]

corsican dave

mice. saw lots of these poor little devils trying to escape the floodwaters on the spey at the weekend. I reckon there'll be some fat pike around somewhere. maybe even some lunker browns?
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Mark

Quote from: corsican dave on March 10, 2015, 09:55:13 AM
mice. saw lots of these poor little devils trying to escape the floodwaters on the spey at the weekend. I reckon there'll be some fat pike around somewhere. maybe even some lunker browns?
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]

Bet they look great when they're wet.
I was going to tie a few mousy type things myself for some summer night fishing this year

Wildfisher

Black Octa-Naomi. Size 10 Fulling Mill barbless. I have changed the way I tie this to improve buoyancy by almost invisibly adding another layer of foam.

This was the fly for me in New Zealand this year. Alex had a few fish on it too.

More irresistible to big trout than a deep fried Mars Bar and  a pint of heavy is to a Scotsman.

[attachimg=1]

Mark

Nice one Fred, that looks the business. Just my type of fly. What's the leg material?
Do you fold both ends of the foam into the middle?

Wildfisher

Legs are black flexifloss. I'll do a new step by step when I get a minute

bibio1

That does look good......I'd go for a pink antron sighter though.  :gay4 Is it peacock dubbing?

Wildfisher

Yeah, Veniard peacock glister, it's good stuff. Gives the fly a bit of a bluebottle effect.

Go To Front Page