News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Chief

This could quite possibly be my last post on here. It's been a great thread (pardon the pun)
I always enjoyed putting pics of my flees on here and to see how I've improved over the years. It was as quite a busy thread at one time..
Anyway recently I've ooking for a good pearsall's silk substitute recently. As well as semperfli pure silk I was also recommended  a French Silk called Au Ver A Soie Ephemera which I've been using these last few days with some North Country Spiders and I like the results.

Wildfisher

Simple, beautiful and effective

Fishtales

Quote from: Clan Chief on April 15, 2023, 07:08:32 PM
This could quite possibly be my last post on here. It's been a great thread (pardon the pun)
I always enjoyed putting pics of my flees on here and to see how I've improved over the years. It was as quite a busy thread at one time..
Anyway recently I've ooking for a good pearsall's silk substitute recently. As well as semperfli pure silk I was also recommended  a French Silk called Au Ver A Soie Ephemera which I've been using these last few days with some North Country Spiders and I like the results.

I'm not sure Alan, it looks too shiny compared to Pearsall.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Crawhin

First post here in 2008 - wow, what a repository of fantastic Scottish flees.  Some great inspiration over the years from some excellent fly-tyers.

Wildfisher

Yep, a fantastic resource about to be lost.  :(

Bobfly

With using silks I think quite a few pattern used a wax on the silk eg. Greenwells spiders and similar. That would soften the shine on a silk thread.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Clan Chief

The flees are not as bright as they look in the pics as the artificial light is making them brighter than they really are. I also used cobbler wax on them

Clan Chief

Been tying quite a few spider patterns for the river recently.
However I tied a few larger patterns for the lochs!

#12 Kamasan B175.
Purple au ver a Soie ephemera silk.
Violet Spectra dubbing thorax.
Starling Hackle.

Wildfisher

My kind of fly. Simple & deadly :)

scoobyscott

Filling up the empty slots with a river staple

Go To Front Page