News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

selling carp by the pound: Trout Fisherman #496 May 2017

Started by corsican dave, April 19, 2017, 01:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

yeah, i sold out....  :roll:

feel free to rip  :8)
[attachimg=1]
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

fergie

JimJams

SoldierPmr

Inchlaggan

'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Bobfly

I am too humphie backit for that sort of rod photo   :8) :8)
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Well that's  Dave on the "don't tell 'em about venues list"  then.  :lol:

corsican dave

Quote from: fergie on April 19, 2017, 02:47:32 PM
SPLITTER !!!   :lol:
Quote from: JimJams on April 19, 2017, 03:06:49 PM
We thought better of you.....   :makefun
i thought better of myself to be honest, but in my heart of hearts i knew i was a cheap charlatan and it couldn't be denied

Quote from: SoldierPmr on April 19, 2017, 04:21:00 PM
Does this mean your getting a crate in?  :lol:
i think 20 years ago you'd be on, Liam  :lol: sadly nowadays it's not a career option, i can assure you  :(

Quote from: Inchlaggan on April 19, 2017, 05:14:47 PM
Looks like a stockie right enough.
i'm relieved to know that you have absolutely no idea what a stockie looks like, Ken. you are a credit to the forum  :D

Quote from: Bobfly on April 19, 2017, 05:31:47 PM
I am too humphie backit for that sort of rod photo   :8) :8)
it was a lucky shot

Quote from: admin on April 19, 2017, 05:32:10 PM
Well that's  Dave on the "don't tell 'em about venues list"  then.  :lol:
aye, singing like a......  :lol: for my next article i'm going to do a cast-by-cast expose of the local duck pond, then gravitate to a monthly column with step-by-steps of trashy flies made with xmas decorations from pound shops & other "found" materials  :8)

joking aside, i think it's very interesting that TF were the forward thinking mag that went for this. it had been turned down by a couple of others; naming no names but one describes itself as the magazine for the progressive fly fisherman. they asked if i had anything about wild brownies. i kid you not... :roll:

i'm actually most pleased because both of my parents have been unwell recently and poor old dad is now in a care home. they will be delighted to see their son "published". back in the day this was a really big thing

for myself, i'm obviously very happy to get fly fishing for carp into a mainstream magazine; and big kudos to Jeffrey Prest & the folks at Trout Fisherman for being brave enough to run with it :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Inchlaggan

Sorry to hear about your folks, having lost both within 14 months three years ago I understand your concern.
Thankfully they too were about when I appeared in print and took great pride in that.
Three years on, I still find myself picking up the camera in the workshop with the intention of showing my latest work to Dad. The notion lasts a millisecond and then hurts.
Well done for writing and persevering to publication.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

corsican dave

thank you, Ken. that means a lot. cheers  :cheers;

Go To Front Page