News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Recent posts

Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Fish Tank One Of N
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 11:48:45 AM
Quote from: Fishtales on Today at 11:36:43 AMI have kept and bred the Acaras and I would only put two in that tank as they get big.

That was one reason I thought about Rams Sandy, they only grow to a couple of inches apparently.
Last post by Fishtales - Today at 11:36:43 AM
I have kept and bred the Acaras and I would only put two in that tank as they get big. They also like to move gravel about so the plants need to be well rooted and robust, I used Crypts. They also like big blue head worms, or any when you can dig them up or find them under stones etc.
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Essential Accessories
Last post by Fishtales - Today at 11:32:55 AM
Quote from: Wildfisher on Today at 09:55:44 AMThanks Jon. Which vac. would you recommend?

Never used one and never seen the need unless you have an unplanted tank and then you might :)
Open Board / Re: One Of Tom's Coos!
Last post by Laxdale - Today at 10:29:48 AM
Quote from: Wildfisher on Yesterday at 07:05:10 PMWhat on earth were you doing on an NC500 group?  Covert surveillance of the enemy?   ;D 
am in both the anti NC500 groups, and the ones offering advice to the N500 tourists. It all helps in trying to understand the mindset of visitors to the island. Also, piss taking opportunities abound.
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Essential Accessories
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 09:55:44 AM
Thanks Jon. Which vac. would you recommend?

Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 09:53:40 AM
I'm going to keep the stocking density low, to start with at least. Say 5 Rams, a few plecs and a few corys. That's not a lot for a 240ltr tank. Allows room for additions.

They say rams are not very long lived, 2 years or so, anyone know about this? Any recommendations?

Not sure whether to go for a planted tank or a wood/rock hardscape. In my Malawi days I dispensed with plants (the buggers ate / dug them up anyway)and created caves with flowerpots which the fish spawned in so they were happy! However this first 4 footer will be in my living room and I'd rather it did not look like shit!  ;D

All hints welcome!  :)
Last post by SoldierPmr - Today at 01:41:05 AM
I'm looking forward to the results. I keep  yellow Labs and electric blue haps. I sold some of the juvenile haps to the local pet store about 3 months ago. I went there Saturday and to my dismay they are all drab grey in colour. The one I kept flushed with colour months ago.
Last post by Wildfisher - Yesterday at 09:12:28 PM
I'm tending towards German Blue Rams and maybe Electric Blue Acaras. I've never kept any of those before.
Last post by Wildfisher - Yesterday at 07:05:10 PM
Quote from: Laxdale on Yesterday at 06:10:24 PMI was booted off a NC500 group
What on earth were you doing on an NC500 group?  Covert surveillance of the enemy?   ;D 
Last post by Laxdale - Yesterday at 06:10:24 PM
I was booted off a NC500 group for laughing at them all wanting pictures of toffee paper cows.
Go To Front Page