News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Tents.

Started by Clan Chief, September 29, 2016, 01:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnsd

Some good tips there lads got a cheap tarp for a footprint as soon as I got the tent,good tip about the poles,you may need to learn me some knots lochan heard you where good at them :D
yer going where

Billy

Quote from: johnsd on December 09, 2016, 11:16:33 AM
Interesting debate about the banshee I've promised myself to get out and do more camping next season before old age sets in not done a lot since early stravaigs plan to take my collie with me so looking for decent floor space banshee might be to cramped with the dog looking at the vango blade 2 at the mo any thoughts

Before old age sets in?

I had to check the date on this thread as I thought the forum was only 12 years old.  :tongue2

Billy

johnsd

Some  members on here would make you age :lol: I can only imagine what it must be like to be their neighbour  :tongue2
yer going where

Jamie Goodhart

Talking about tents. This is my 1kg 1-2man Vango (2009) this week (minor modifications required, with a sowing machine) out in the Cairngorms. An Epic 2 nights wild camping. As a mid priced very light weight tent I have to recommend it. But I would also suggest taking the biggest tent you can wherever you go if you want for a comfy night!

Jamie Goodhart

another

johnny boy

Cracking shots Jamie, hope you have a decent sleeping bag, brrrrrrrrr

Simon Everett

Favourite pillow = drybag stuffed with clothes, or even the sleeping bag bag stuffed with clothes!

I use a Vaude mk3, not light but I like the headroom, my days of trying to get dressed while lying on my back are over.  :lol:

mattheweastham

I can vouch for the Wild Country Zephyros as a decent 1 man backpacking tent. Good value at around 90 quid and has withstood a fair bit of hammer this last couple of years.
Matt

Go To Front Page