News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Whisky Reviews

Started by SoldierPmr, April 17, 2015, 09:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burnie

Whisky doesn't age in the bottles, however the packaging means that collectors want older bottlings, don't throw the boxes away.

arawa

This year's World Whisky awards:

[attachimg=1]

johnny boy

Stop it, I am almost done with a 'dry March', this ain't helping.

arawa

Quote from: johnny boy on March 27, 2020, 08:48:19 PM
Stop it, I am almost done with a 'dry March', this ain't helping.

Well to rub it in Johnny, I have just weakened and ordered a bottle of the Taylor Rye. The bottle I was given really grew on me. Come and have a glass when this trouble is over  :D :D

[attachimg=1]

johnny boy

That could sadly be a long way off, have an extra top up for me with your next glass, hopefully we can share a cast again sometime and the fishing will be better.

caorach

Quote from: johnny boy on March 27, 2020, 10:31:59 PM
That could sadly be a long way off, have an extra top up for me with your next glass, hopefully we can share a cast again sometime and the fishing will be better.

We need to get David back for a longer stay and a few more days treking about the moors. We'll need to organise a get together as well JM though I've no idea how this year will work. I'd hoped to be up at the minute but needed to be in work on Saturday and after that was hopeful to be back towards the end of July for a few weeks and then again in early September until the end of the trout season. July is currently looking unlikely just based on virus progress but I need to remain hopeful for September if only to keep the spirits up. Maybe we should have a "Keeping the spirits up" meet up where we get together and drink all David's whisky? Don't tell him the secret plan :-)

Bobfly

What timing !   Just opened this, given to me 3 years ago. 2016 bottling with a decent mix of smoky sweetness. Seems to be well reviewed too. Started up in 2005 at a small farm on Islay. Two barrels with bourbon then sherry. Hits the spot this evening  :D

~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

johnny boy

I like the plan Philip, don't worry I know how to keep a secret 👀

arawa

Quote from: johnny boy on April 07, 2020, 07:10:20 PM
I like the plan Philip, don't worry I know how to keep a secret 👀

I am embarrassed to admit how much whisky I have but you can imagine from the amount of fishing tackle I apparently need. Trust me, the three of us would not dent it; but very happy to try  :lol:

superscot

Was today given a couple of bottles at knock down bargain prices of this !!...Plan to sample later

[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page