News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by 13Fisher1, January 13, 2018, 12:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

13Fisher1

Hi, does anyone know whether the Glasgow Casting Club is still in operation please? Wanted to give new Sage Switch rod and Rio lines a trial run

Laxdale

I am pretty sure it is still on the go. There are regular mentions of lines getting lashed across the quarry on SFF.

13Fisher1

Thanks, I was actually referring to the group that used to meet Sunday am at Knightswood pond?

Lochan_load

Think that was run by our Very own Alex (Haresear) don't think it's still there though.

haresear

Quote from: 13Fisher1 on January 13, 2018, 06:02:27 PM
Thanks, I was actually referring to the group that used to meet Sunday am at Knightswood pond?

That folded a few years ago I am afraid. We had a lease (a licence, to be pedantic)  at the time from the Council but that will have fallen now. It wasn't a great venue to be honest. I was living on my nerves waiting for a member of the public to get hit. It was fun while it lasted but was quite a big commitment for me over a few years and I eventually stopped gòing. The other instructors did likewise and it eventually petered out.

It há been a year or so since I went to the quarry at Auchinstarry.but there was still a hard core of guys there on Sundays. So much so that space can be at a premium at times.

It might be worth a wee look if you are reásonably local? Certainly the guys who cast there are real experts (world champìns no less) and worth watching even if you aren't casting.

Alex
Protect the edge.

corsican dave

Quote from: 13Fisher1 on January 13, 2018, 12:30:57 PM
Hi, does anyone know whether the Glasgow Casting Club is still in operation please? Wanted to give new Sage Switch rod and Rio lines a trial run
feel free to join me on the shores of loch morlich
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

13Fisher1

Thanks Guys, not sure where the quarry is in relation to me....will check it out. thank you

13Fisher1

Auchinstarry Quarry.....Kilsyth.....not too far, thanks may well get myself out there.

haresear

Quote from: 13Fisher1 on January 14, 2018, 01:09:11 PM
Auchinstarry Quarry.....Kilsyth.....not too far, thanks may well get myself out there.

That's it. The salmon guys are usually at the left end as you aprproach. There is anothere area I prefer just over the wee hill to your right. . It is quietter and more suited to overhead casting but there could be some pike killing types fishing there.

Alex
Protect the edge.

13Fisher1

Thanks much appreciated. Do I have to go along at a set time or can I roll up anytime?  Tks

Go To Front Page