News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

A river thoughtful.

Started by bibio1, September 17, 2011, 01:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bibio1

Just bought a first edition Clyde StyleFlies from the above shop just outside blaigowrie, which is dedicated to fishing for£6. Can't believe it. Great wee shop but how he makes a living is beyond me.

Regard

Paul

Clan Chief

tomcatin

Paul

I have passed a few times past this bookshop (I assume it is the one opposite the Bridge of Calley Hotel ....... that used to do ski hire). Is it worth taking a forty minute drive for a browse?
Sadly my 7' 5 weight that killed fascists is deceased!

So in respect and in memorium, PLEASE DONATE TO AND SUPPORT THE WILD FISHING FORUM

Traditionalist

Quote from: bibio1 on September 17, 2011, 01:57:40 PM
Just bought a first edition Clyde StyleFlies from the above shop just outside blaigowrie, which is dedicated to fishing for£6. Can't believe it. Great wee shop but how he makes a living is beyond me.

Regard

Paul

That really is a remarkable bargain, they have been going for about 200 UK Pounds in good condition. I had a look, but he doesn't actually have all that much online;

http://www.riverthoughtfulfishingbooks.co.uk/

TL
MC

bibio1

I would recommend having a wee browse when passing. A lot of old books but he does have a couple of gems.

Cheers

Paul

corsican dave

the web site doesn't do the shop justice. beautiful little shop and a really nice guy, too. it's the sort of place i've been thinking about setting up for some time now...
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page