News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

God Bless them All

Started by Black-Don, December 25, 2011, 04:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black-Don

burnie

My missus watched the progam,not normally my sort of thing,but had one ear tuned in as our sons in the forces and so's his wife.
These (mostly) young kids put up with terrible conditions on behalf of a bunch idiot politicians that don't know what they're doing,so anything that helps the troops and their families morale gets my support.

Inchlaggan

I watched the series, as Gareth Malone has proved himself a motivator and tutor of some standing in previous outings, and there is always something to learn.
Chris Evans (on Radio 2) got behind the notion and must be commended on pushing the single up to No 1.
More importantly, there is the better part of half a million quid going to well deserving charities.
My great-grandmother lost four sons in the first world war, how did she cope?
Her daughter, my Gran, made space (and food) in her wee Edinburgh hoose for six young men called up from the RNVR in 1939 on their journey south to Chatham for training, and on their return home before deployment. The joined "The Royal Oak", and perished.
With no sons of her own, Gran planted poppies for both her four brothers and those six every year in the Garden of Remembrance below the gothic rocket in Princes Street. My mother continues the practice, it will be mine to do too soon.
Never, ever, forget that we all get to type this sort of pish because of them, then and now.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Go To Front Page