News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Rivers and Lochs by Bruce Sandison

Started by Andrew Moray, November 21, 2006, 03:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Moray

Hello All,

Apologies if I've got the title wrong.

I've been trying to do some research on which lochs to visit, and where to get permits and permissions etc,
and I saw this book in my local 2nd hand bookshop, 1991 Edition.

I've asked her to put it by for me.
Based on the quick look that I had, it seemed ideal, and VERY comprehensive.
Would you recommend it ?.

Used with Memory Map on the PC, seems like an ideal way to preserve my sanity whilst "I'm a *** nobody" is blaring.

TIA,
Anthony

lnelson20

The only problem with the 1991 edition is that most of the contact[tel.numbers etc]details will be out of date,and a more recent updated version would be better.But if you are willing to overlook this it is indeed a fine read,and there are few better writer's than Bruce on wild fishing.The rivers and loch's database within the site is alway's a good guideline.Hope this help's.

All the best

Chris.
c.nelson

Andrew Moray

Hello Chris,

Quote from: lnelson20 on November 21, 2006, 04:56:33 AM
The only problem with the 1991 edition is that most of the contact[tel.numbers etc]details will be out of date,and a more recent updated version would be better.But if you are willing to overlook this it is indeed a fine read,and there are few better writer's than Bruce on wild fishing.The rivers and loch's database within the site is alway's a good guideline.Hope this help's.
If it met with approval, I'd hoped to use it for general planning, then get updated info.
Hadn't spotted the database, excellent, thank you.

Hello Steve,

QuoteNo better book for finding out where to go,
A new edition is out soon so the info will be more up to date
but the 91 will be well worth buying
Thanks for that.
Hadn't realised I'd stubbled across the best one  :oops:
I'll get this one and look forward to the new edition, any idea when it's due ?.

Hello John,

QuoteJust ask on the forum too, if you want information on places to fish. There's a wide breadth of knowledge on the forum and the natives are helpful.
:D
Will do, thank you.
I'd want to do some of the research, before I make a fool of myself.
I think I'll try and make the 1st one close to transport, but with camping.
Wee man likes camping, but not the act of carrying it there  :D

Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.
Anthony

Andrew Moray

:wink:
I'd just finished reading that thread  :D

Got it for ?5

Wildfisher

Bruce tells me he is currently working on a new edition of the book.The most useful Scottish fishing book  ever

Andrew Moray

Thanks Fred.
I've had a quick look through it, and I'm very impressed, really glad I bought it.
Thanks for all the replies and recommendations.

The depressing part is looking at areas I've been in, and recognising and remembering the waters,
and cursing my late introduction to fishing.

Anthony

Gary

To continue this theme does anyone know a rough date for the new edition of this book?

Cheers,
Gary.

superscot

Had to pay ?13 for mine ....wife had been surfing the net and came across hardback copies at a whopping ?62 ....   2 of course wi her brains in her arse she was willing to pay that !until i stopped her at the final payment screen

Never ever let women buy you anything on the subject of fishing ! :angel;

wag99

Does anyone know when the new version will be released, I have the old version and would be keen on an update.

W

Wildfisher

Quote from: wag99 on May 18, 2007, 02:44:05 PM
Does anyone know when the new version will be released, I have the old version and would be keen on an update.

W

I'll ask Bruce and get back to you

Go To Front Page