News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fly fishing Scotlands wilderness DVD.

Started by andrew, April 09, 2007, 02:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew

Hiya,
Just introducing myself as a new member of the forum.  My name is Andy and I am an Ayrshireman living in England just now (forces).  I get home to fish as much as I can and am of the opinion that this is the best fly fishing forum about, bar none.  Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has seen the new DVD called Wild trout Wild places 2, Fly fishing Scotlands wilderness, and if so, what did you think of it ?  The first one was about fishing in the Highlands for Ferox, but had no fly fishing in it.  Still very good though.  I have ordered mine from their website and if anyone is interested it is at www.fishyfilms.com where there is trailers for both films.
All the best,
Andy.

superscot

aye bought the first one and was very good ...might go for this as well

cheers

andrew

Just watched this DVD and think it will appeal to every member of this forum.  The fishing takes place mainly in the clar lochs, loch damph and loch achall on the Rhiddoroch estate near Ullapool.  There is also fishing on loch lochy.  The camera work in this film is stunning, both on the water and in the surrounding mountains.  There are also pleanty of lovely wild brownies caught with a few surprises along the way.  I don`t want to spoil the film by telling you what happens in it, but a highlight for me was Scott Park trying to teach a french estate worker how to cast.  Firing instructions at a french guy who does not have a good grasp of English in a broad Scottish accent, you could see the look of pure confusion on the guys face.
I can`t reccommend this to you enough.
Andy. 

Fishtales

Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Wildfisher

I am awaiting the delivery of a review copy  for Fish Wild. Hopefully I'll get it in time for the May issue

Tim

Interesting the bloke dapping seems to be using a pole. Just got a 5m one for the boy to catch carp on and was considering trying it on the broonies in Caithness. Has anyone tried a pole - can anyone see any problems going reel-less as long as we are sensible...i.e. give Heilen a miss?

Tim

Wildfisher

Got the review copy of this DVD and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Scott and Dave captured both the atmosphere and ethos of fly fishing  for wild trout on Scottish lochs. Just being there and size does not matter!  I had not realised Loch Lochy was such a  superb fly water.

Go To Front Page