News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Wildfisher Fly Lines

Started by Wildfisher, August 22, 2010, 10:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I have worked with a major British line manufacturer and designed a complete new range of fly lines specially for wild fishers, these are however equally suitable for all types and styles of fly fishing.

Please visit www.flylines.org  for detailed information and on line ordering

These are great lines and great value for money at £18.00 (UK)  or £21.00 (overseas)  each including delivery when ordered on the www.flylines.org website.

Established and regularly active WFF UK members will get a special £2.00 per line discount when you order lines from me, directly, by PM (PayPal only).

The current range comprises:

The heron grey River Don  in WF #3 to #10  and  DT #3 to #6 (a low flash stealth line)
[attachimg=1]

The very light grey (subtle off white) Highland White  in WF #3 to #10 and  DT #3 to #6 (a more visible reduced flash line)
[attachimg=2]

The iWild sage green 1.5 ips (inches per second) intermediate in WF #3 to #10 (a low flash stealth line).
[attachimg=3]

The Wildfisher Stream Stealth line.  WF#2 to WF#7
[attachimg=4]
The Stream Stealth floating line has the same subtle heron grey colour as our very popular River Don model but with a brand new slick coating and a profile designed for short to medium range fishing. The head is shorter and the profile designed to move the weight farther forward thus allowing easier loading with short line lengths. This is a great line for river fishing and especially useful in overgrown conditions where back cast space may be limited. The profile design and the all new slick coating allows the angler to fish at close range one minute and quickly extend and shoot line to cover a more distant fish the next. A great line for carbon, glass fibre and split cane rods.   Available  WF#2 to WF#7

UK   £19.50  (WFF members £17.50)
Overseas £22.50  

These lines have been tested on the some of the very wildest rivers and lochs as well as in New Zealand.

I hope to add more fly lines to the range in future and to extend my overall range of products.

Your money is not wasted on annoying, unnecessary and environmentally damaging packaging such as boxes and plastic spools that end up in land fills or on the back of the fire. By saving on this  packaging, it is possible  keep costs low, pass the saving on to you and reduce your impact on the environment.

Visit www.flylines.org  for more detailed information on these lines.

All lines in all weights are now in stock

Highlander

Can we use Pay Pal
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

Quote from: Highlander on August 22, 2010, 07:17:25 PM
Can we use Pay Pal
Tight Lines

Sorry Alan, I did not make that clear.  PayPal is accepted

Generally, it's best to check if the line you want is in stock first by a PM. If ordering through the dedicated website that's covered,  but  through the forum it's not, so best PM me.

harelug

QuoteThese lines have been tested over the past few months on the some of the very wildest rivers and lochs  and I now have a limited number ready for shipping.

Yep, I can confirm this, Alex( haresear) gave one of these a try at Knightswood park pond and it's pretty wild there especialy when the neds come out in the gloaming!
There is no greater
  fan of fly fishing

Than the worm

scotty9

Any in hi-vis orange?  :lol:

I look forward to trying them in Feb! I assume some shall be making the trip with you!

bloodybutcher

Not sure if I have missed this but I cannot see in any of the descriptions what type of lines these are?  ie floating/intermediate/sinking?

I am seriously interested as I need a couple of lines for a soon to be delivered 3wt!  Could you let us know what types are available?

Cheers.

Wildfisher

The profile is indeed similar to Pirate?s. Pirate?s head has been chosen to allow the caster to carry more line. These lines are about 2 / 3  feet  shorter  in the overall head length with a longish  front taper and tip for gentle turn over with smaller flies.  In most wild fishing situations, especially on a river, you do not need to cast to the horizon. In fact some say that  if you are you may not be fishing intelligently. With this length of head, most of the time you  will have it  within the tip ring and the fine  running line will shoot well if more distance is required.  The heron grey colour provides good visibility and low casting line  flash.  It?s a colour I have done very well with, but have had to pay 3 or 4  times as much to get in the past! The light grey is a compromise to give higher visibility. You make the choice.  The DT lines are very similar.  These lines have been produced and are offered  as good value fishing lines,  not as casting lines.

Pirate?s lines are superb (I have lots of them) and  may well suit some anglers  better, equally, mine will suit others better.  Don?t hold your breath  for an  orange line that has already been done to death many times over.  :lol:

As for packaging, I have always  been a huge fan of minimal packaging. As well as reducing waste and not annoying the hell out of me  it helps keep the price down to 15 quid for WFF members!  :8)  Do you really want to pay 5  to 45 quid more for a plastic spool and a cardboard box? They are available elsewhere if you do!  :D

Bottom line (excuse the pun  :D) is you weigh up the pros and cons and buy what you think suits you best. No rivalry or pettiness  here, Stewart?s lines are still advertised on this forum, free of charge, will continue to be and I would encourage those who believe they might be better suited to their needs to consider them.

Wildfisher

Quote from: bloodybutcher on August 23, 2010, 02:36:40 PM
Not sure if I have missed this but I cannot see in any of the descriptions what type of lines these are?  ie floating/intermediate/sinking?

Sorry, they are floaters, this is clear on the website www.flylines.org  but not so  clear on here.

bloodybutcher

shanksi

Bad timing for me Fred as I just got a couple of lines.  Will be back next season tho.

Ian

Go To Front Page