News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Hardy sintrix artisan

Started by bibio1, November 20, 2011, 02:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bibio1

That's it official. Hardy have really lost the plot. New rods out in April starting off at £899 for an 8'6" 4wt. So are any of you at the front of the queue or like me amazed there are people prepared to pay that for a fishing rod.

Cheers

Paul

River Chatter

It's way too much for what they are, so I'll not be buying one... even if Mrs Chatter would let me.  I really don't understand why a good rod needs to cost more than about £200, even with the best fittings.  I guess the Hardy name has a value on its own to many.

Wildfisher

Apparently Hardy - Grey's  M.D.  has quit.  The company are in difficulty. I wonder why.  :roll:

Traditionalist

You are not paying for the rod, it probably costs about 12$ ex-factory. What you are paying for is their ridiculous advertising and other overheads.

People seem to forget that a fishing rod is basically just a rather better stick. It wont catch you any more fish than a stick either.

TL
MC

scotty9

I'll just go along to GAC and try it out when it comes available. Personally I'd rather spend the money on a plane ticket...

Wildfisher

You chaps are being a tad harsh.

Have you forgotten these rods use the new silica nano matrix technology that guarantees  more and bigger overdrafts?  :lol:

Traditionalist

Quote from: admin on November 20, 2011, 02:52:07 PM
You chaps are being a tad harsh.

Have you forgotten these rods use the new silica nano matrix technology that guarantees  more and bigger overdrafts?  :lol:

http://www.speyonline.com/hardy_greys.htm   What a load of cobblers!

This is the real deal;

http://www.common-cents.info/rodexpertise.pdf

TL
MC

Wildfisher

garryh

aye ive been saying for years now why dont they use silica nano matrix technology its what ive been waiting on.haud me back. :roll:

Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Wildfisher

Indeed Garry. Like you I have been sitting here like a robustly precision-engineered yet finely balanced coiled spring waiting for the chance to pounce  on one of these.

Go To Front Page