News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Hardy sintrix artisan

Started by bibio1, November 20, 2011, 02:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traditionalist

Amazing that anybody at all falls for this total bullshit. Sounds even worse when the buggers can't spell.

The "Blurb" on the main websites is also just absolutely silly:

http://fly.hardyfishing.com/en-us/products/flyfishing-rods/

Here's some more "Revolutionary Technology" for you;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2063851/NHS-introduces-1-500-talking-plate-warns-obese-families-eating-habits.html

( They can't spell either! ).

TL
MC

Inchlaggan

Ooooooh, pass the tissues, nano technology, SINTRIX, bandies look out!
Want, want, want!
In antique furniture, artisan=cheap, possibly rare, but generally crap.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Traditionalist

This stuff annoys me because it demonstrates just how stupid these companies think their potential customers are. What annoys and dismays me even more is that they often appear to be right!

TL
MC

Malcolm

I think you'll find that they will easily cast 10 yards further than then predecessors and will be lighter, stronger and fitter than all previous models. Accuracy for even the average angler will be such that the lunker under the tree, safe from all previous attempts will now be a realistic prospect. Not only that but the playing power of even the lightest model will quickly subdue the hardest fighting seatrout. All in all well worth the price.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Wildfisher

Oh the cynicism ................   :lol:

Traditionalist

Malcolm, how did you know?

Hardy Zenith – A week or so ago I received a Hardy Zenith 10′ for a #7.  Typical of most professional anglers, I have the best of tackle and holes in my shirts – c'est la vie!  I must say that it is a very pretty rod, immaculately finished and sublimely packaged.  In the hand, although it is as light as a feather, you instantly feel the power, and I found that it added a good 10 yards to my casting range – and long distance casting has never been my forte.  Its a wolf masquerading as a fluffy lamb and I can see that this style of rod is definitely the future.

Stan Headley - angling guide and blogger

UNQUOTE

From  http://fly.hardyfishing.com/en-us/products/flyfishing-rods/sintrix-flyfishing-rods/zenith/

TL
MC

Wildfisher

Ah well that's it then, end of debate.

If  Stan says it's +10 yards  then + 10 yards it is.

At least.     :lol:

Traditionalist

Quote from: admin on November 20, 2011, 06:54:15 PM
Ah well that's it then, end of debate.

If  Stan says it's +10 yards  then + 10 yards it is.

At least.     :lol:

Don't forget the "sublime packaging", that will definitely catch a lot of fish..............

I liked this one as well;

"A magnificent rod which is effortless to use. I was fishing at  Curragh Springs in Ireland and caught a 10lb Rainbow - the rod handled it with ease and it was caught casting into a 38 Knot wind"

Alan Bennet,  Hardy customer

UNQUOTE

http://www.disastercenter.com/convert.htm

TL
MC

Malcolm

'Tis bollocks! An extra 10 yards and a few on this forum would be hitting world record distances.

Its the equivalent of Boroughmuir forward beating Usain Bolt on the dip over 100 metres!

At the British Fly casting Club meeting in September I asked a very fine distance caster and the holder of a few British records in his time what the difference would be between the average rod - I used the example of a Sage XP - and an out and out casting machine like the TCR. He said about 5 feet maximum!

There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Traditionalist

Indeed, highly amusing bollocks to boot! :)

TL
MC

Go To Front Page