News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Deep Diving Lures

Started by rubberwellie, June 24, 2012, 02:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fergie

I bought the deep diving shad rap in hot steel after having a lot of success with the perch pattern of the same lure and it certainly works.
Not today mate its minging here.I had a half assed attempt during the week but got caught up in those Very heavy rain showers and that done it for me. :(

rubberwellie

Aaw not another lure that I don't have....  :(

Do you ever use the super shad rap?  They swim at 5 - 9ft but they're quite chunky at 14cm length, you can get them in Brown Trout and Rainbow Trout patterns but they can be quite dear on ebay.

Hope the weather clears up for you soon.
Let them go.

fergie

Used them and caught F all  :lol: And im not alone. :roll:  one of my mates had a 6lb ferox on the shad colour but thats about it.I thought when i seen the brown trout colour super shad THE ULTIMATE FEROX LURE   :shock:  Erm NO  pike seem to like them though  :lol:

rubberwellie

I'm surprised at that, I thought they would do the business.  Maybe they're a bit big and lifeless, I didn't realise how chunky they would be when I bought them off ebay.  I'll give them a try anyway and if I don't catch anything I'll flog them again.  Nothing ventured nothing gained and all that  :lol:

I also bought some 18cm original floaters thinking I'll fish them on my riggers - they're huge!  :shock:  From the picture I saw they looked the same thickness as the 13cm ones but they're a good bit wider, and longer.  I'm thinking they'll probably end up back on ebay as well.  Do you know anybody that's tried them? 

I read Ron Greer's book which said ferox prey on fish about one third their own length - that's why I thought these bigger lures would be ideal, maybe big deadbaits would work better than big lures.  Oh well I was always bound to make a few mistakes  :lol:
Let them go.

fergie

Aye defo use them .You never know.Thing is everyone has their favorite lure confidence is everything .If you have confidence in a lure you keep it on longer then if you catch on it thats it.Its a Killer lure  :lol:
The 18cm floating rapalas are good they were my NO1 lure for years and they do catch fish.I didnt have riggers then and had fish on them flatlined and with some lead to take them down.By the way smaller trout take these fairly regularly too.Good lures in fact im going to start putting one out and see what happens. :D

rubberwellie

Cheers mate, that's good to know - at least I don't have a box full of duffers...  :D

Let them go.

Allan Crawford

Quote from: rubberwellie on July 07, 2012, 10:43:00 AM
Is the brown trout one a discontinued pattern?  I can't find any online, all I can see are hot steel, bleeding olive flash etc.  It's not the bleeding copper one you're on about is it?

If so I'm not going to be happy, though I expect the other colours will work too !
Just now I seem to like brown or bronze lures !

Wildfisher

Funny thing lure colour. Every salmon I have caught on the Don whilst spinning were on a black - or perhaps dark charcoal grey Rapala Minnow and that was always in high, dark water.

Allan Crawford

Not that surprised by that, they say black is the best colour for flies in muddy brown water as it stands out and gives the best silhouette. Sometimes I woner if the colour matters at all as the fish will see the silhouette of the lure from below ?

Go To Front Page